The following steps were developed for Mail 5 as distributed with OS X Lion. Earlier versions are similar, but the exact location of a few buttons and checkboxes have moved. Please refer to Apple Support article HT1277 for assistance.
- Click the File menu and select Add Account…
- The welcome dialog will appear. Enter your name, email address, and password. Click Continue.
- For Incoming Mail Server, select POP or IMAP (whichever you prefer) as the Account Type, give the server a friendly description (“Work Mail,” for example), and enter get.800hosting.com for Incoming Mail Server. Finally, enter your full email address as your User Name, then type your password, and click Continue.
- For Outgoing Mail Server, give the server a friendly description (“Work Mail,” for example), and enter send.800hosting.com for Outgoing Mail Server, then select both the Use only this server and Use Authentication checkboxes. Finally, enter your full email address as your User Name, then type your password, and click Continue.
- The Account Summary page will show you everything that has been entered. Verify this information is correct, then select Take account online and click Create.
- You may be asked for your password again the first time you try to send an email. Simple enter your password again, and select the Remember this password in my keychain checkbox to save the password.