The following steps were developed for Outlook Express 6 as distributed with Windows XP. Earlier versions are similar, but the exact location of a few buttons and checkboxes have moved.
Windows Mail (part of Windows Vista) instructions are available from Microsoft.
- Click the Tools menu and select Accounts…
- Click the Add button and select Mail…
- Enter your full name. Click Next.
- Enter your email address. Click Next.
- Select POP or IMAP (whichever you prefer), and enter get.800hosting.com as the Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP, or HTTP) server, then enter send.800hosting.com as the Outgoing mail (SMTP) server. Click Next.
- Enter your full email address as your Account name, then type your password, and click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Click Properties.
- On the Servers tab, select the My server requires authentication checkbox, then click the Settings button, and select the Use same settings as my incoming mail server button, then click OK. On the Advanced tab, select the This server requires a secure connection (SSL) checkbox for both servers, then set the Outgoing mail (SMTP) port number to 587. Click OK.
- Click Close.
- Click Yes.
- Click OK.