The following steps were developed for Outlook 2010. Earlier versions are similar, but the exact location of a few buttons and checkboxes have moved.
For Outlook 2007 and earlier, you should skip Step 1 below, and click Tools and select Account Settings… instead. More specific instructions are available from Microsoft here: Outlook 2007, Outlook 2003, Outlook 2000
- Click the File button and select Add Account
- Select Manually configure server settings or additional server types. Click Next.
- Select Internet E-mail. Click Next.
- Enter your name, email address, then choose POP or IMAP (whichever you prefer), and enter get.800hosting.com as the Incoming mail server and send.800hosting.com as the Outgoing mail server (SMTP). Now enter your full email address as your User Name, then type your password.
Click More Settings …
- On the Outgoing Server tab, select the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication checkbox, then select the Use same settings as my incoming mail server button. On the Advanced tab, change the Use the following type of encrypted connection option to TLS for both servers, then set the Outgoing server (SMTP) port number to 587. Click OK.
- Click Next.
- The Test Account Settings dialog should say the tests competed successfully. Click Close.
- Click Finish.